Skip to main content

About Me

About Me

Before I start delving into the depths of reviewing individuals channels, I want to take some time for you all to get to know a little more about me.

Not only that but sharing my story and why I'm doing this and talking about me will give you more clarity.

The other reason is well I can't review myself since I am me and people will argue that I have a bias. Even though if you knew me, you'd know I'm critical of my work.

My Channel

Anyway, more about me. Firstly my name is Eric and I run a Youtube channel by the name of Eric S Burdon. You can check it out here. This channel has been operational as a proper channel since October 1 2015, the day of my first video. Since then the channel has changed a few times but what it is now I intend to keep it that way. 

That channel is all about helping people improve themselves as it clearly states above. I do this by sharing information that pertains to wealth, health, relationships, and self-awareness. I have it under one banner called Eric Burdon TV. What makes my channel unique is the fact I cover those areas rather than one or two. To top it off I also have Let's Talks, Positive Affirmations, and Work Week Updates. 

Let's Talks are discount versions of TEDx Talks, pretty much the same thing as another Eric Burdon TV video. But I cover whatever I feel like instead.

Positive Affirmations are solely positivity and mindset. Spreading pure positivity.

And Work Week Updates were simply that. Not necessarily vlog style but I talk about what's been going on in my life.

Purpose of the channel


But ultimately all of the information I share serves to help improve people. My Eric Burdon TV content provides practical knowledge you can apply. Let's Talks gets people talking about various issues but also introduces different views of people. Knowledge is knowing one side of a coin, intelligence is understanding both sides. 


Positive affirmations pumps people up and hopefully cheers people up. And my work week updates catalogue a journey of progress. People can get an understanding of my issues what I went through but also how I arrived at my current situation.


In the end my channel is about growth and positivity and I have talked a little bit about that on my channel. This is important to me because it's part of my brand and every thing I do stems from that.

Purpose of this blog

One thing I've learned about habits and productivity is that it helps to tie a task or an objective with something meaningful.

The purpose of this blog, and why I'm determined to it is because it stems from my desires. That being again helping people grow and also be positive.

This goes into my grading system but also in how I write. As I mentioned in my welcoming post I'll be posting in a positive manner but also helpful. I won't be leaving it at saying "this is a good video". I'll be explaining why.

The goal is to overall boost the content creator permanently, but like I said again in my grading system to provide some next steps. They have something to build towards.

But Back To Me

But again this article is more about me than about the purpose of this blog. Though now it's very clear why I created this blog in the first place.

I do have hopes to grow this into something larger than what it is right now. But that's for another time. Right now I'd like to talk more about my qualifications for this task.


Even though I have done a few reviews of other things in the past, I don't believe that you need proper experience to do this. Even on my channel I openly admit I'm not an expert on these subjects. I know how to do research is all. Seven years of college and university taught me that.

That being said I do have experience in the sense that I look for knowledge and consume it. Some content made by people making a lot more money than me and have tremendous success. So it is quality that I'm getting it from. 

I have a solid foundation on twitter with over 10K followers (not saying it to brag). I do know what gets people engaged and the do's and do-nots of social media. 

I've again been on Youtube for nearly two years since I'm writing this. I've used some of the tools and I intend to use more of them. And I also have watched a lot of Youtube so I know what's good and what's bad.

And That's It



That's all I really have to say about myself. As I continue to write on here I'm sure you will all learn more about it. Of course the fastest way is to watch my content, but also check out my other blog I have. That is my personal site where I blog about my day, share my youtube videos and provide some more helpful info.

Blog: ericscottburdon.com
Twitter: @es_burdon
Instagram: @es_burdon
Facebook: @ericsburdon
Youtube: Eric S Burdon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to Youtuber Shoutout

Hello everyone and welcome to Youtubers Shoutout! A simple blog with the intent to help other youtubers out there get recognized for their work! Being a Youtuber myself, I understand the struggle and people wanting to be the next Markiplier, PewDiePie, or Casey Neistat. It's very tough to break through and get noticed and that's really what this blog is all about. Getting people to break through and get discovered. So you may be asking... How will you be doing this? Well I'm glad you asked this. I'll be doing this in two ways: reviews, and sharing. Let me go and explain each one. Sharing Sharing is the not-as impactful method that I'll be using but it'll serve a purpose. Sharing is simply what it says on the box, I'll be sharing other peoples content. This will be no different than the hundreds of Youtube Retweet/Share accounts that are on twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. It's an overused method, but I'm adding something new.

Grading Method

Grading Method So as per my  opening post, I'll be using a grading system to do my reviews.  This grading method that I'm using is a simple one to five numbering system, one being the lowest and five being the highest. I'll also include an overall score and a rank as well. In this post I'll be going into detail what all the numbers and letters will mean. Not only that but I'll be talking about what in the world  the grading method will serve for in these reviews. Significance  Like I said in my beginning post the purpose of these reviews is to provide valuable feedback to the creator. What is really good and makes them stand out, but also what they can work on. This will always be outlined in a positive way and be explained as well. Saying a video is bad doesn't really help the creator. Same goes as saying a video is good. Not only that but the review will also serve as a way to decide next steps for the creator as well. To work on the recommendati

Omnisek Channel Review

Follow Omnisek! Twitter       Youtube         Instagram Omnisek has been on Youtube for quite some time, but didn't start posting videos regularly until 5 months ago. Omniseks provides a combination of gaming and vlogging and is passionate about helping other people. He is part of a community called team filthy that also strives to help other people. Here’s the video that I saw when I first dropped onto his channel. Equipment Used 2 monitors  1ms response time Samsung's keyboard  blackwidow mouse  mamba Razer chroma mouse pad  pc is hand build (Logitech camera 920, maybe i5, 3570k Intel processor, z77 stock mobo 8 gb of ram ssd) The Grading Channel Look Old Channel Look When I first went to Omnisek's channel I was once again greeted by loud music to catch my attention. Looking at the opening I’d say the intro is very typical for most gamers introductions. It’s still is a good opening, however there isn’t anything too distinct t